Electrobraid® is a high-grade polyester rope & copper braid that can be used stand alone, as a permanent perimeter fence or a portable/temporary fence.
ElectroBraid® High-Voltage Insulated Copper Lead-Out Wire
You get peace of mind when you choose the reliable ElectroBraid® fencing system. ElectroBraid® is SAFE, SECURE and SIMPLE. The ElectroBraid® high-voltage insulated copper lead-out wire is an important part of the copper-based ElectroBraid® system.
- Use to connect ground rods together, connect the charger/energizer to the ground rods, connect the charger to the fence, to go under gates, and for all electrical connections between strands of ElectroBraid®
- Provides excellent electrical conductivity for ElectroBraid® horse fence
- Withstands 15,000 volts
- Use with copper-coated polybraid splicers or copper split bolts for non-corroding electrical connections
- 200 feet per roll
Solid copper connections?
ElectroBraid® high voltage insulated copper lead out wire is heavily insulated, with a solid copper conductor for the core, and is rated at 15kv. It serves as the connection that completes the electrical circuit, bringing power from your ElectroBraid® charger/energizer to the ground rods, then to your ElectroBraid® fence, between Braid® strands and back to the negative grounded strand on your fence. Use with PARS-EB or ASPLTC10-EB to splice.
How to run your lines?
ElecroBraid® high-voltage copper lead out wire is designed to be unrolled smoothly from a spool that spins freely—either suspended between your hands or from a vehicle. DO NOT take Braid® off a stationary roll or it will kink and can be damaged. Use with Electrobraid PolyBraid Splicer or ElectroBraid® copper split bolts for non-corroding electrical connections. After you have installed a strand of Braid®, you can tension the Braid® using the ElectroBraid® tension kit.
Use Copper Lead-Out Wire to continue the current under gates
There’s a reason ElectroBraid® is America’s #1 Horse Fence
ElectroBraid® fencing components are made to be durable and perform as part of the safe, high-quality copper-based ElectroBraid® fencing system. Use ElectroBraid® as a permanent perimeter fence or a movable fence for rotational grazing.
How much ElectroBraid® high-voltage insulated copper lead out wire will I need?
- Add the widths of all your gates together and multiply by 2 =_______plus 20 feet for each gate = ________. NOTE: If you wish to use the Winter Wiring configuration as explained below, then add the widths of your gates together and multiply by the number of strands on your fence =________ plus 30 feet for each gate =__________.
- Measure the distance from your Energizer to the nearest point on your fence = _________.
- Measure the distance from your Energizer to where your ground rods will be located = ______.
- Measure the distance from your ground rods to the nearest point on the fence =_______.
- Add these numbers together = ______ plus a minimum of 10 feet for the distance between ground rods = _______. This is the minimum length of copper lead out wire you will need. Consider allowing for some extra wire for possible additional ground rods, miscalculations and/or changes in your fence design.
Winter Wiring Configuration -- Wiring for areas of high snowfall
Negative (“Cold”) Positive (“Hot”)
How to install cut-off switches for snow
Heavy, wet snow can short electric fencing. To prevent this, install ElectroBraid® cut off switches in areas prone to snow accumulation. If needed, you can install multiple cut-off switches that allow you to progressively turn on and off the bottom strands as snow depth changes. Wire your energizer as illustrated below.
The importance of installing a good ground system
Remember that proper grounding is critical to the effectiveness of your fence and safety of your horses. Poor or improper grounding causes 95% of all electric fencing problems. You can have the most powerful energizer in the world, but if the ground return is poor, your fence will not perform. Use a minimum of three ElectroBraid® copper ground rods spaced at least 10 feet apart. Use a "hot-cold" system, grounding the next-to-top strand of your ElectroBraid® fence. Electrify all other strands. With dry or sandy soil, you may need more ground rods.
ElectroBraid® Braid will not rust, rot, lose strength due to sunlight or weathering, break when installed as a permanent fence or prove defective in workmanship or material. Any reel of ElectroBraid® Braid that is defective will be replaced at no charge to the purchaser. This warranty is in effect for 25 years from the date of purchase.
ElectroBraid® High Voltage Insulated Copper Lead Out Wire - Specifications
- Withstands 15,000 volts
- 200 ft roll
- 14 gauge copper wire
- Use with Copper Split Bolts for non-corroding electrical connections
- ElectroBraid® is Americas #1 Horse Fence - Safe, Secure and Simple to install
Disclaimer: Zareba® System does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.ElectroBraid® High Voltage Insulated Copper Lead Out Wire is rated out of 5 by 5.Rated 5 out of 5 by Letli from Awesome stuff! This was so easy to use and made the whole installation process easy! I used this to wire under all my gates so if someone was forgetful and left a gate open, the whole paddock system wouldn't go off! This stuff is tough and easy to use!Date published: 2016-08-20Rated 5 out of 5 by Flyover Farm from Excellent explanation of products needed! Really like the Zareba website and the explanation of all the products they offer. It made figuring out what I need very easy. I also like the instructional videos! Ordering was easy and delivery fast.Date published: 2015-12-09Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Amazon Review I would think this would be easy to find locally, but it wasn't. It works tons better with my electric fence... much better quality than the wire I replaced.Date published: 2014-03-10Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Amazon Review This stuff is great. It's easy to work with and looks really nice.Our horses sure seem to respect it and visibility is very good.Date published: 2014-07-14Rated 5 out of 5 by Jeorjia from Very durable and easy to use Carries current well. Durable.Date published: 2016-05-03