This portable paddock is ideal for wagon trails, trail rides, polo matches and horse shows.
Fi-Shock® Portable Paddock
When you need portable electric and temporary fencing for your horses, look no further than the Fi-Shock® Portable Paddock (HC-100). Lightweight and easy to set up, the HC-100 includes enough fencing to create a 50 ft by 50 ft single line or 25 ft by 25 ft double line enclosure — this is large enough to contain as many as five horses. The HC-100 is designed for temporary fencing use at horse shows, wagon trails, polo matches and other situations where a small fenced enclosure is preferable to other means of containment.
- A portable solution for temporary electric fencing
- Creates a paddock up to 50 ft by 50 ft, large enough to contain four or five horses
- Runs on two standard D cell batteries (not included)
- Package contains 200 feet of durable polytape fencing, a battery-operated charger and all required posts and bracing stake
- Lightweight shoulder bag is easy to carry and tough enough to withstand the rigors of the road
Polytape is a lightweight, highly visible fencing material that is perfect for temporary fencing for horses. Polytape is easy to repeatedly spool and unspool, and it doesn’t warp or sag the way other materials do. Despite being light enough to carry from event to event, Polytape is thick and bright, making it easier for horses to see. This expedites the training process and helps your animals avoid accidentally touching it when in an unfamiliar location.
Why Electric Fencing Is the Best Choice for Your Horses
Many horse owners worry that electrified fencing will harm their animals. In fact, when used properly, electric fencing forms a purely psychological barrier. The HC-100’s Polytape temporary fencing produces a mild current that your animal will quickly learn to avoid by sight. As opposed to physical containment methods like barbed wire, electric fencing offers less of a chance your animal will be accidentally hurt.
The HC-100 includes a grounding spike and an insulated lead wire to ensure proper setup and operation. Connect one end of the lead wire to the fence charger and the other to the spike. Drive the spike into the ground within 20 feet of the charger. This will create a complete circuit that delivers a reliable charge when your horse comes into contact with it.
Fi-Shock® Means Leadership in Electric Fence Systems for Animal Containment and Control. Fi-Shock® provides safe, secure, superior quality electric fence products for all your fencing needs.
Fi-Shock® Portable Paddock - Specifications
- Provides temporary electric fencing for up to four or five horses
- Easily creates enclosures up to 25 ft x 25 ft (double line) or 50 ft x 50 ft (single line)
- Battery operated (DC) above ground charger
- Fits into a lightweight canvas bag with shoulder strap for easy carrying
- Package includes: 200 ft of polytape fencing, a battery-operated fence charger and mounting stake, eight four foot tall step-in posts, four corner bracing stakes, one nine inch ground spike, four adjustable corner bracing lines, one fence lead wire, one ground lead wire and a heavy duty nylon tote bag
- Batteries not included
Disclaimer: Zareba® System does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Does this fencer require a grounding rod? I am looking for a portable fence set up for weekend trips with my horses. I travel with my horses frequently don't want to be driving and pulling a grounding rod regularly. I will be in the desert where a groThis paddock kit does require a grounding rod for proper fence setup. As an alternative, we recommend our Zareba® EZEE Corral Portable Fence Kit (model EZEE), which is self contained and does not require a grounding rod.Date published: 2016-10-25
Fi-Shock® FAQs on Electric Fence Systems
Have questions? We have tried to compile a library of frequently asked
questions and their respective answers under our Fi-Shock® FAQssection