Stop ant invasions outside before they become a problem inside, with TERRO outdoor liquid bait stakes.
Protecting your home from sweet-eating ants is a piece of cake thanks to these ingenious outdoor ant killer stakes. The TERRO® Outdoor Liquid Ant Bait Stakes feature eight durable stakes per box filled with 2 ounces of our highly effective ant bait – enough to control most outdoor ant invasions.
For long-term control of Argentine, ghost, little black, acrobat, pavement, odorous house, crazy, cornfield and other sweet-eating ants, simply place the TERRO® Outdoor Liquid Ant Bait Stakes in areas where ants have been observed. As worker ants forage for food and water, they are immediately attracted to the sweet liquid ant bait housed in the stakes. As the ants consume the bait it begins to deliver a toxic reaction to their nervous system which ultimately kills them. However, the ant killer works slowly enough to give the foraging ants enough time to return to their nest and share the deadly bait with the queen and the rest of the colony.
The rugged, weatherproof Outdoor Ant Bait Stakes feature reinforced stake ridges that provide increased strength when placed in ground. See-through windows make it easy to monitor the bait level so you know when it’s time to replace them. A built-in tiered bait pack increases bait consumption and reduces waste. This attention to detail makes the Outdoor Ant Bait Stakes one of the most convenient and economical ant killers available on the market today.
Kill the Ants That You See, And the Hundreds That You Don’t
When you first place the ant killer stakes in the ground, you’re going to see a significant surge in the number of ants. Don’t worry, this is perfectly normal and a sure sign the ant bait is working. You see, our clever team of researchers formulated the bait to attract ants like flies to honey. They also formulated it to slowly kill the ants. This slow kill gives the ants adequate time to return to their nest and deliver a deadly dose of bait to the hundreds of ants hiding out in the colony.
Upping the Ant-e
We’d be willing to wager that when it comes to ants, you want them out of your house and out of your life as quickly as possible. Follow these tips and we guarantee you will be living ant-free sooner rather than later.
- Place the TERRO® Outdoor Liquid Bait Stakes close to areas where ants are observed entering your home or near their ant trails.
- Insert the bait stakes firmly into the ground by pushing with your hand – not your foot or a tool - until the bottom of the bait stake is flush with the ground.
- After the stake is in place, activate it by breaking off the bait pack tab. The ants will enter the bait stake through the hole created by removing the tab.
- Be sure to monitor the bait level regularly, taking care not to interfere with the ants or the stakes while doing so. Replace the stakes when the bait level is no longer visible through the bait window or every 3 months.
- Keep a fresh supply of ant bait available for the foraging ants to ensure long-term ant control.
- Be patient. Depending on the size of the ant infestation, complete elimination of the colony may take up to two weeks.
The Easiest Way to Apply Liquid Bait Around Your House
The Ant Bait Debate
We’ve been asked plenty of times if liquid ant bait is really more effective than gel bait when it comes to controlling ants. Simply put, the answer is yes. Our research team could expound for hours on the differences between the two, but we thought we’d spare you some time and settle the great ant bait debate with this easy-to-understand infographic.
- Quickly attracts and ultimately kills all common household ants
- Stakes come pre-filled and ready-to-use
- Liquid bait provides ants with a food and water source
- Slow kill allows for effective elimination
- Tiered bait pack increases bait consumption, reduces waste
- See-through window enables easy monitoring of ant bait level
- Reinforced stake ridges provide increased strength when placed in ground
- Snap off bait activation keeps ant bait solution fresh until opened
- Rugged, weatherproof stake casing protects against elements
What’s in the Box
- Eight pre-filled liquid ant bait stakes
- Net contents: 2.0 fl. oz.
- .25 fl. oz. liquid bait per stake
- Contains sodium tetraborate decahydrate (Borax) (5.40%) and other ingredients (94.60%)
Disclaimer: Zareba® System does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
- All About
There are more than 10,000 known species of ants living throughout the world. Like other insects, they have six legs; each with three joints. Ants have large heads with compound eyes, elbowed antennae, and powerful jaws. Ants are social insects that live in structured nest communities throughout the world. The species of ant determines whether they live underground, in mounds built at ground level, in wood structures or in plants or trees.
How do I know when to replace the Outdoor Ant Bait Stakes?The Ant Bait Stakes have a see-thru window that enables you to monitor how much bait is in the stake, so there’s no guesswork involved. When you look through the window you will see that small ‘stairs’ are built into the bait pack. This was designed to increase bait consumption. As the bait is consumed, the liquid level diminishes. The ants march down the steps until they reach the bottom of the pack.
I just placed several TERRO® Outdoor Liquid Ant Bait Stakes around the perimeter of my house and instead of killing the ants, it attracted hundreds more! Am I doing something wrong?You have nothing to worry about, this initial increase in ants is perfectly normal. As worker ants forage for food and water, they are quickly attracted to the sweet liquid in the TERRO® liquid ant bait and swarm towards it. The ants consume the bait and then head back to their nest to share the liquid with the rest of the colony. On the way back to the nest to share the bait, the ants drop what it called a ‘trail pheromone’, which lets the other ants know where the food supply is. In turn, these ants follow the trail to the bait which explains why you will initially see more ants. The active ingredient in the bait interferes with the ants' digestive systems, eventually killing them within 24-48 hours after consumption. This slow kill is necessary because it gives the worker ants enough time to get back and forth to the colony to share the bait
This slow kill is necessary because it gives the worker ants enough time to get back and forth to the colony to share the bait.
Is there an expiration date on the TERRO® Outdoor Ant Bait Stakes?There is not an expiration date because the effectiveness of the active ingredient (Borax) does not decrease over time. However, like any food-based product, the bait may become less appealing to foraging ants after an extended shelf life. Our rule of thumb is to use fresh bait if you’ve had the same liquid bait for more than two years.
1 gallon containerAs Low As $11.99