Zareba® High Tensile Wire Cutter
Looking for sturdy wire cutters for your fence wire?
Our Zareba® Fence Wire Cutter cuts fence wire up to 12-½ gauge, including high tensile wire. It features hardened jaws for durability and insulated handles for comfort grip. The spring-loaded handles lock closed for easy carrying.
- Cut fence wire up to 12 1/2 gauge, including high tensile steel or aluminum wire
- Hardened steel jaws for easy cutting and durability
- Insulated handles with soft, comfort grip
- Spring-loaded, locking handles
- NOTE: Always handle fence wire with caution and wear appropriate safety gear, including gloves and safety glasses
- 1 wire cutting tool per package
Zareba® is the largest manufacturer of electric fence systems offering durable, reliable electric fence products for all of your animal fencing needs.
Zareba® High Tensile Wire Cutter - Specifications
- Cuts fence wire up to 12-½ gauge, including high tensile wire
- Hardened jaws for durability
- Insulated handles for comfort grip
- Spring-loaded, locks closed for easy carrying
- All About
Benefits and Considerations of High Tensile Fencing
High tensile fence is an excellent choice to safely contain most species of livestock, including various exotic species. It is also equally effective keeping unwanted predators, deer or other wild animals out.
High tensile is an affordable, low maintenance permanent perimeter fence, lasting over 40 years. It works as a simple barrier fence or can be electrified for greater effectiveness and animal safety.
The key to a successful high tensile fence installation is advanced planning, combined with proper tools and quality materials.
We recommend Zareba® high tensile components, which are rugged, reliable and designed to withstand harsh environmental conditions, providing long life for your fence.
Zareba® has developed high tensile videos to help design and build your high tensile system. Once you build a high tensile fence you won't want any other type of fencing system.
Posts for High Tensile Fencing
Because the distance between posts in a high tensile system can be 30’–90’, and the wire is under tension, wood posts are recommended.
Line posts should be a minimum 4” in diameter, with 6-8” diameter posts used for corner posts and gate posts. In some cases T-posts may be used for line posts.More High Tensile Post Tips»
High Tensile Line Post Insulators:
We recommend either pin lock or tube insulators for high tensile fence systems. Both allow the fence wire to move as needed.
High Tensile Corner & End Post Insulators:
- Wrap Around Insulator – Slide wire through tube and wrap insulator around corner or end post. Secure with 2” barbed staple. Durable polyethylene with poly insert for added strength.
- Donut Corner Insulator – made of unbreakable polycarbonate, extremely strong with 5,000-lb. tensile strength.
- High-strain Corner Insulator - made of fiberglass reinforced nylon, engineered for full tension of 200,000 psi wire.
- Porcelain - very strong
HIGH TENSILE TIPS
How to Electrify Your High Tensile Fence
If electrifying your fence, you need to make electrical jumper connections between all electrified fence wires.
Use a length of 12 1/2 gauge wire as a jumper and connect it to a hot wire with one of the extra crimping sleeves placed on the “hot” fence wires prior to tensioning. Crimp to attach.
Then slide a section of insulated plastic tube, or insultube, over the wire to prevent it from touching the non-electric wires. Crimp.
Repeat until all electrified wires are connected. Next, install and connect your electric fence charger to the fence.More High Tensile Expert Tips»
FAQs about High Tensile
Q: What are some of the benefits of a High Tensile Fence?
A: A high tensile fence system is affordable, long-lasting, very durable, easy to install and requires a minimum level of maintenance. Such a fence system can last more than 40 years if maintained properly.
This cost-effective fence system is an excellent way to contain livestock, other farm animals and pets while protecting them some types of predators.
Q: Will a Spinning Jenny work with barbed wire?
A: No. The Spinning Jenny will not work with barbed wire. Barbed wire is not spooled in the same size and shape as smooth high tensile wire is spooled.
Q: Do I need special tools to build a high tensile fence?
A: Yes, there are specific tools you should use to make the installation of a high tensile fence easier. Zareba has a complete selection of specialized tools for building your high tensile fence. Check out High Tensile products in our website store.More High Tensile FAQs»