To help with online shopping during COVID-19, we are offering free shipping on all orders.
ElectroBraid® High-Voltage Insulated Copper Lead-Out Wire
You get peace of mind when you choose the reliable ElectroBraid® fencing system. ElectroBraid® is SAFE, SECURE and SIMPLE. The ElectroBraid® high-voltage insulated copper lead-out wire is an important part of the copper-based ElectroBraid® system.
- Use to connect ground rods together, connect the charger/energizer to the ground rods, connect the charger to the fence, to go under gates, and for all electrical connections between strands of ElectroBraid®
- Provides excellent electrical conductivity for ElectroBraid® horse fence
- Withstands 15,000 volts
- Use with copper-coated polybraid splicers or copper split bolts for non-corroding electrical connections
- 200 feet per roll
Solid copper connections?
ElectroBraid® high voltage insulated copper lead-out wire is heavily insulated, with a solid copper conductor for the core, and is rated at 15kv. It serves as the connection that completes the electrical circuit, bringing power from your ElectroBraid® charger/energizer to the ground rods, then to your ElectroBraid® fence, between Braid® strands and back to the negative grounded strand on your fence. Use with PARS-EB or ASPLTC10-EB to splice.
How to run your lines?
ElecroBraid® high-voltage copper lead-out wire is designed to be unrolled smoothly from a spool that spins freely—either suspended between your hands or from a vehicle. DO NOT take Braid® off a stationary roll or it will kink and can be damaged. Use with ElectroBraid® PolyBraid Splicer or ElectroBraid® copper split bolts for non-corroding electrical connections. After you have installed a strand of Braid®, you can tension the Braid® using the ElectroBraid® tension kit.
Use Copper Lead-Out Wire to continue the current under gates
There’s a reason ElectroBraid® is America’s #1 Horse Fence
ElectroBraid® fencing components are made to be durable and perform as part of the safe, high-quality copper-based ElectroBraid® fencing system. Use ElectroBraid® as a permanent perimeter fence or a movable fence for rotational grazing.
How much ElectroBraid® high-voltage insulated copper lead-out wire will I need?
- Add the widths of all your gates together and multiply by 2 =_______plus 20 feet for each gate = ________. NOTE: If you wish to use the Winter Wiring configuration as explained below, then add the widths of your gates together and multiply by the number of strands on your fence =________ plus 30 feet for each gate =__________.
- Measure the distance from your Energizer to the nearest point on your fence = _________.
- Measure the distance from your Energizer to where your ground rods will be located = ______.
- Measure the distance from your ground rods to the nearest point on the fence =_______.
- Add these numbers together = ______ plus a minimum of 10 feet for the distance between ground rods = _______. This is the minimum length of copper lead-out wire you will need. Consider allowing for some extra wire for possible additional ground rods, miscalculations and/or changes in your fence design.
Winter Wiring Configuration -- Wiring for areas of high snowfall
Negative (“Cold”) Positive (“Hot”)
How to install cut-off switches for snow
Heavy, wet snow can short electric fencing. To prevent this, install ElectroBraid® cut off switches in areas prone to snow accumulation. If needed, you can install multiple cut-off switches that allow you to progressively turn on and off the bottom strands as snow depth changes. Wire your energizer as illustrated below.
The importance of installing a good ground system
Remember that proper grounding is critical to the effectiveness of your fence and safety of your horses. Poor or improper grounding causes 95% of all electric fencing problems. You can have the most powerful energizer in the world, but if the ground return is poor, your fence will not perform. Use a minimum of three ElectroBraid® copper ground rods spaced at least 10 feet apart. Use a "hot-cold" system, grounding the next-to-top strand of your ElectroBraid® fence. Electrify all other strands. With dry or sandy soil, you may need more ground rods.
ElectroBraid® Braid will not rust, rot, lose strength due to sunlight or weathering, break when installed as a permanent fence or prove defective in workmanship or material. Any reel of ElectroBraid® Braid that is defective will be replaced at no charge to the purchaser. This warranty is in effect for 25 years from the date of purchase.
ElectroBraid® High Voltage Insulated Copper Lead-Out Wire - Specifications
- Withstands 15,000 volts
- 200 ft roll
- 14 gauge copper wire
- Use with Copper Split Bolts for non-corroding electrical connections
- ElectroBraid® is Americas #1 Horse Fence - Safe, Secure and Simple to install
Disclaimer: Zareba® System does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review Ratesuper fence
Super fencing that lasts a really long time
Review RateFast serviceOrdered more wire for my charger and arrived on time. Excellent service.
Review RateAwesome stuff!This was so easy to use and made the whole installation process easy! I used this to wire under all my gates so if someone was forgetful and left a gate open, the whole paddock system wouldn't go off! This stuff is tough and easy to use!
Review RateVery durable and easy to useCarries current well. Durable.
Review RateExcellent explanation of products needed!Really like the Zareba website and the explanation of all the products they offer. It made figuring out what I need very easy. I also like the instructional videos! Ordering was easy and delivery fast.
Review RateAmazon ReviewThis stuff is great. It's easy to work with and looks really nice.Our horses sure seem to respect it and visibility is very good.
Review RateAmazon ReviewI would think this would be easy to find locally, but it wasn't. It works tons better with my electric fence... much better quality than the wire I replaced.