Zareba® Jumbo Corner Electric Fence Insulators
This sturdy insulator is designed for your smaller posts.
Our Zareba® Jumbo Corner Insulators are for use with polywire, steel/aluminum wire, and high tensile wire. UV protected to resist weathering. These electric fence insulators are available in two color options - Black or White.
- Easy attachment to your fence post
- Withstands tension by pulling from fence's anchor point
- Use with polywire, polyrope or steel and aluminum wire
- UV-protected plastic
- 10 insulators per package
- Current color options to match your needs – Black or White
Zareba® is the largest manufacturer of electric fence systems offering durable, reliable electric fence products for all of your animal fencing needs.
Zareba® Jumbo Corner Insulator - Specifications
- 2 Color options - black or white
- Designed to withstand the additional tension generated by the fence line pulling from the anchor point
- For use with polywire, steel/aluminum wire, and high tensile wire
- Excellent insulating characteristics
- UV-protected to resist weathering
- Easy attachment to fence post or wire
- Packed 10 per bag
- All About
All About Insulators
Insulators prevent electrical shorts between the electrified wire and the fence posts. Good-quality insulators are critical to a properly functioning fence. Insulators are made from materials that do not conduct electricity, most commonly plastic or ceramic.
Plastic insulators are molded from polyethylene, polycarbonate, or nylon and are designed to hold electrified wire near a variety of posts without losing energy through the post.
There are several styles to choose from because the insulator must match both the type of wire and the type of fence post being used. Plastic insulators include round post insulators, T-post insulators, wood post insulators, corner post insulators, end post insulators, and chain link fence insulators.
Make sure the plastic insulator you choose is molded from heavy-duty, high-density polyethylene (or harder plastic) with UV inhibitors. This prevents arcing and provides long life with all-weather performance, protecting it from the weather. Most insulators are available in yellow, black and white.
Like plastic insulators, porcelain insulators are designed to hold electrified wire near fence posts without losing energy through the post.
When good porcelain insulators are properly installed they should be able to last the life of your fence.
Porcelain insulators are a very good choice for using with your high tensile fence system.
There are specialized insulators that are used for specific purposes. These can be summarized as follows:
- The tube clamp insulator attaches to standard tube-type stock to corral panels.
- Corner post insulators are designed to withstand fence line tension generated by the fence line pulling from the anchor point or changing directions.
- Corner insulators should also be used at fence line termination points.
- Corner post insulators are available in plastic and ceramic, accommodating steel wire, polywire, polytape & polyrope.
- Other insulators allow you to fasten electrified wire or poly products to posts and fences without losing energy through the post or fence.
- There are many specialty insulators to choose from:
- Chain Link
- Square Post
Benefits and Considerations of High Tensile Fencing
High tensile fence is an excellent choice to safely contain most species of livestock, including various exotic species. It is also equally effective keeping unwanted predators, deer or other wild animals out.
High tensile is an affordable, low maintenance permanent perimeter fence, lasting over 40 years. It works as a simple barrier fence or can be electrified for greater effectiveness and animal safety.
The key to a successful high tensile fence installation is advanced planning, combined with proper tools and quality materials.
We recommend Zareba® high tensile components, which are rugged, reliable and designed to withstand harsh environmental conditions, providing long life for your fence.
Zareba® has developed high tensile videos to help design and build your high tensile system. Once you build a high tensile fence you won't want any other type of fencing system.
Insulators come in many styles to accommodate a wide variety of post and wire types. Choose the correct type of insulator for the type of post and wire you've selected.
If you're using a low impedance fence charger, use an insulator with greater arcing protection, which will prevent the current from jumping to the fence post.
Porcelain insulators may be more expensive than plastic insulators, but they are designed to last a long, long time, usually the lifetime of your fence!
Plastic insulators can be used with all types of wire (and high tension if it is designated for it), while porcelain insulators can be used with all wires except for poly tape.
Corner posts and end posts have to withstand greater tension than other posts along the fence line. Therefore, use insulators at these areas that are designed to withstand the extra stress.
In addition, keep insulators free from dirt, dust and cobwebs.
FAQs About Insulators
Q: Do I need insulators for my electric fence system?
A: Insulators allow you to fasten electric wires near the posts without losing energy through the posts and potentially shorting out your system, so yes, definitely use insulators to maintain the current throughout your fence line.